Our Club was founded in May, 1966, by a small group of dedicated people who felt that an association was needed to assist those who were interested in preserving and restoring all types of motor vehicles manufactured during the years 1931 to 1942, and lately, up to 25 years old or any later date as may be determined by the Committee.
The Club is continually growing. Family participation is also regarded as an important aspect of our Club activities. Members get to use their vehicles on outings and runs, at least once a month, as set out on the Club calendar.
The Journal is our official monthly publication and contains technical articles, list of future events, features on Club vehicles, a round up of monthly Club Events, minutes of the monthly meeting, Classic and Historical vehicles and parts for sale or wanted. All members are encouraged to contribute to the Journal with articles of common interest, photographs and advertise, free of charge cars or car parts for sale. A Directory of Club Members and their vehicles is published annually.
Ownership of a vehicle is not a criteria for membership, thus enabling Members to purchase or dispose of vehicles as they wish. It also enables the less experienced to assess the type or standard of vehicle most suitable for themselves before committing to making a purchase.
The Primary Purposes For Which The Club Was Founded
To bring together persons with a common interest to encourage the use, maintenance and preservation of motor vehicles built from 1st January, 1931 to the 31st December, 1942, or any later date as determined, without prejudice to make, model, method of manufacture or country of origin, and other vehicles of special interest, but at least 10 years old, which may from time to time be determined by the Committee.
To obtain and maintain every form of historical and statistical record in respect to such vehicles.
To promote and assist in the promotion of competitions, tours and other events in which such vehicles can participate.
To provide a library and premises for the preservation of records.
To facilitate the exchange of information among members.
For further information contact:
Telephone (03) 5985 9220